[Dnsmasq-discuss] dns sometimes not considering override

Lorenzo Milesi maxxer at ufficyo.com
Mon May 4 16:10:05 BST 2015

hi.
I'm experiencing a strange issue with dnsmasq 2.68 bundled in Ubuntu 12.04: sometimes my custom DNS records are skipped, and the upstream reply is returned.
For example I have
address=/demo.domain.com/10.20.20.172

while from outside the same host is 4.3.2.1.
If I query the dnsmasq dns server with
dig demo.domain.com @mydnsmasqserverip
the reply is 4.3.2.1 instead of the internal ip. If I restart dnsmasq then it starts working as expected and returns the private ip.

Is there a known issue? Did I do something wrong?

thanks

P.S. I don't know if it matters but I have an IPv6 associated to the same address, and altough the reply is obviously the same I added the same override for the ipv6 address
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi at yetopen.it

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/