[Dnsmasq-discuss] Bug list and DHCP test harness

Tom Isaacson parsley72 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 17:22:46 BST 2015

We have a device (not made by us) that's using dnsmasq V2.46 and
occasionally we've seen a few problems with it - DHCP renews being sent out
every minute, different IP address being provided on renew. Is there a bug
list for dnsmasq that shows what bugs existed in old versions? I know about
the changelog but it's not very easy to see what bugs existed when.

The second problem I mentioned - different IP address being provided on
renew - has exposed a bug on our device. We think we've fixed it but I was
wondering if there's a DHCP server test harness we can use to recreate the
cause by setting a short lease time then changing the IP address on every
renew. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Tom Isaacson