[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq feature query

Timothy Venn tim at nevyn.co.za
Fri Jul 17 11:34:04 BST 2015

Hi,

I have been doing a fair bit of googleing but have not found a solid answer
to my query so hope the discussion list can assist.

Is it possible to have dnsmasq return an alternate IP for a given entry
that is being queried, as is possible via the /etc/hosts, but also
specifying the requesting IP.

e.g.

Requesting IP / HOST / result IP

192.168.1.1 -> test.com -> 127.0.0.1
192.168.1.2 -> test.com -> 10.0.0.1

It would be extremely useful to be able to spoof the DNS for certain
machines on my network but not others, I know I could use alternate DNS
servers for some machines on the network but this option would make it far
easier.

If I have missed something in the docs please feel free to have a go at me.

Regards

Tim