[Dnsmasq-discuss] no address range available for DHCP request via

Fırat KÜÇÜK firat at codv.io
Mon Jul 20 10:20:29 BST 2015

Hi,

I have a dedicated server and lots of static IP with different classes.

Simple Scenario:

This is network between gateway and my server:

A.B.C.1 (GATEWAY)

A.B.C.59 (NIC 1)
|------------------------------|
| IP         : A.B.C.59        |
| NETMASK    : 255.255.255.255 |
| NETWORK    : 0.0.0.0         |
| BROADCAST  : 255.255.255.255 |
| POINTOPOINT: A.B.C.1         |
| GATEWAY    : A.B.C.1         |
|------------------------------|

all the NICs and KVM virtualized VMs bound to same bridge:

root at host001:~# brctl show
bridge name    bridge id            STP enabled    interfaces
br0            8000.002590e2af9c    no             eth0
                                                    vnet0

and I have lots of dedicated IPs that are not in same class. How dnsmasq
serve them.

strict-order
user=libvirt-dnsmasq
pid-file=/var/run/libvirt/network/guest.pid
except-interface=lo
bind-dynamic
interface=br0
dhcp-option=3