[Dnsmasq-discuss] How to let dnsmasq using multiple upstream dns servers with non-standard ports.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 02:56:59 BST 2015

Hi Simon,

I have server upstream dns servers with non-standard ports opening for
querying, i.e., as follows:

server1:port1
server2:port2
server3:port3
server4:port4

I want to use the `--resolv-file=<path>' option to invoking the file
which stored the infomation for these servers.

Say, I named this file as resolv-file.dnsmasq, and its content has the
following forms:

server server1#port1
server server2#port2
server server3#port3
server server4#port4

Then I use the following command to run the dnsmasq:

sudo dnsmasq -d -p 5353 -r /path/to/resolv-file.dnsmasq  --all-servers

But, at this step, I get the following errors:

dnsmasq: no servers found in /path/to/resolv-file.dnsmasq, will retry

So, how to let dnsmasq using multiple upstream dns servers with
non-standard ports?

Regards
--
Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao at gmail.com>
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry