[Dnsmasq-discuss] Problem with VM and dnsmasq

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Tue Oct 13 17:21:51 BST 2015

mario explained that the problem was an IPtables rule.

 iptables -A OUTPUT -d 255.255.255.255 -j DROP

I'm not surprised that such a rule breaks things: it's mentioned twice
in the dnsmasq FAQ :-)

I am surprised that it results in an error return from sendmsg(), I
assumed that the packet would just be silently dropped.  Looks like it
would be worthwhile for dnsmasaq to log that error.

Thanks, both of you, for your work on this, and getting to the bottom
of the problem.