[Dnsmasq-discuss] about ipv6 prefix delegation

Lorenzo Milesi maxxer at ufficyo.com
Wed Oct 14 08:21:41 BST 2015

hi.
In my LAN I've a "split" IPv6 setup, where pfSense is doing RA and Dnsmasq dhcp server (because historically I already had dnsmasq doing ipv4 dhcp...).
This works fine, but when I have a second pfSense in LAN IPv6 clients gets mad and continuously refresh the lease, resulting in unusable ipv6 network.
I asked on pfSense mailing list and they replied me it's because my DHCPv6 server is not sending the delegation prefix. I was looking for such an option either in Dnsmasq or in DHCP options6 but couldn't find it. Can someone give an advice on how to set prefix delegation in dnsmasq?

thanks
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi at yetopen.it

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/