[Dnsmasq-discuss] dhcpv6 problem with static allocations and "no addresses available"

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Thu Oct 22 18:40:59 BST 2015

Albert ARIBAUD (albert.aribaud at free.fr) wrote on Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 03:07:59PM BRST:
> Hi Neil,
>
> Le Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:46:41 +0000, Neil Jerram
> <Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com> a écrit :
> >
> > Could it be because even static allocations still require a matching IP
> > range to be configured?
>
> They don't. I've got a setup here with no dynamic range set up just
> like the "dhcp-range=192.168.5.1,static" above, and static leases, and
> it works like a charm.

Yes, the manual says that it's enough to have the static address in the same
subnet of "a valid dhcp-range". In other words, you just have to turn on the
dhcp server on the interface.

But I did declare the ranges, they got burried when the message was
reformatted:

See my original message with the full config,