[Dnsmasq-discuss] Forcing openDNS for specific tag while keeping local domains available

Moi Me Julesss2 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 11 14:11:45 GMT 2015

Hello, I would like to enforce openDNS on host tagged with "opendns" while keeping local domain resolutions, problem is forcing opendns with dhcp-option makes the hosts skip checking with the local dns, and pushing the local dns make them bypass opendns as the local dns doesn't use opendns for remote domains.

How can I enforce OpenDNS resolution for the tagged host without losing local domain resolutions?
Is it possible to make dnsmasq query a different remote dns server, ignoring local resolution cache, based on requesting host?

Some ugly ascii diagram here https://paste.aperture-sc.net/?33510d29ae18fb30#4FKjJeN7Qmn8YyMaAP0NfNlDfstXqEzOm4xUMhRIGnQ=

Regards