[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq does not respect BOOTP's broadcast flag

黎伟强 weiqiang_li at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 1 03:38:30 BST 2016

Dear all,       I got a router using dnsmasq-2.66 for DHCP services, and I encountered a bug that the dnsmasq server does not respond to my PC's DHCPREQUEST( normally it should respond with a DHCPNAK? ), so it takes an obvious long time to got a new IP for my PC.                      So, is this really a bug or it is just something wrong with my PC(Works well with other DHCP server)?  At my first thought, I think it should be a bug that has been solved, so I reviewed the latest(ver.2.75) dnsmasq source code, however, neither did it care about this flag.       I also attached a patch for this.