[Dnsmasq-discuss] Interface name in /etc/resolv.conf with network-manager

Leandro Noferini lnoferin at cybervalley.org
Sat Apr 9 18:18:16 BST 2016

Albert ARIBAUD <albert.aribaud at free.fr> writes:

[...]

> [...]

[...]

>> > Try using --dhcp-option-force to force-send option 119 (domain
>> > search) to the client laptop.
>>
>> Thanks for your answer and please excuse me for the delay.
>>
>> I wrote a line like this in my /etc/dnsmasq.conf
>>
>> dhcp-option=119,cybervalley.org
>>
>> but nothing has changed.
>>
>> What more could I do?
>
> What does /etc/resolv.conf contain when the laptop network interface is
> down, or better yet, when it never comes up after boot?

If I stop network-manager or if I switch off the network adapter (using
the option from network-manager control for gnome3) I get this little
different /etc/resolv.conf:

# Generated by NetworkManager
search cybervalley.org lan
nameserver 10.150.29.2

Note the space between the real domain and the word lan!

The real same file I get rebooting with the network adapter switched
off.

--
leandro
Scegli sempre un'idea che ti permetta poi di cambiarla