[Dnsmasq-discuss] ProxyDHCP mode is broken for serving ipxe.efi to UEFI pxe clents

Jaroslaw Polok Jaroslaw.Polok at cern.ch
Fri May 6 12:58:30 BST 2016

Hi

On 06/05/16 12:40, Dreamcat4 wrote:

> Perhaps later down the line (once more people get onboard and can start
> using it), then this pxe UEFI mode can be improved even further. Either
> buy some fresh eyes coming along to fix problems in ipxe.efi, or else
> here in the dnsmasq behaviour. Or both. But we need to make it easier
> for those guys to run it at least, so can see ahead to the next problem.

In case you would be interested:

http://lists.thekelleys.org.uk/pipermail/dnsmasq-discuss/2016q1/010383.html

That is my version of the patch, using a configuration option
to allow more fine-grained control on how systems boot
(by optionally matching by tag and/or architecture).

We are using that patch in production since two months
successfully booting all PXE/UEFI systems (x64 and aarch64)
we have used so far (about 10 different x64 and 3 different
aarch64 systems, plus qemu-kvm with Tianocore firmware)

Dear Simon: would it be possible to review and include one
of this patches in dnsmasq please ?

Thanks

Jarek