[Dnsmasq-discuss] ProxyDHCP mode is broken for serving ipxe.efi to UEFI pxe clents

wkitty42 at gmail.com wkitty42 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 15:41:50 BST 2016

On 05/08/2016 06:52 AM, Dreamcat4 wrote:
> But it is bad for each UEFI pc users going forwards to know to need to
> manually specify:
>
> pxe-skip-menu=X86-64_EFI
> pxe-skip-menu=BC_EFI
>
> Every time around. Because that is nearly everybody going forwards. How to
> solve? Can we then make the option logic work better?

how about going the other way... reverse the logic so that those two are skipped
all the time... then only if they are needed, add an option to enable them...

   pxe-add-menu=X86-64_EFI
   pxe-add-menu=BC_EFI

in this manner, ONLY those that need to support the above UEFI mess need add the
option(s)... everyone else sails on clean clear waters none the wiser ;)

if other UEFIs are found needing to be skipped, they can be added to the next
binary with new options like the above...