[Dnsmasq-discuss] Announce: dnsmasq-2.76

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed May 18 23:24:10 BST 2016

Am 18.05.2016 um 17:44 schrieb Simon Kelley:
> I've just released dnsmasq 2.76.
>
> Download from http://thekelleys.org.uk/dnsmasq/dnsmasq-2.76.tar.gz
>
> It's more than nine months since the last release, so get the new code
> quick, there's lots to go at.

Hi Simon,

that was fast after the long test phase and the hint there might be a
few more rcs, so I didn't prioritize these properly during the -rc
phase, but had been sitting on them for a few days.  Sorry about that.
Here we go:

FreeBSD compilation of the rcs, and 2.76 proper, yields these warnings
on 9.3 (using some older GCC)

> edns0.c: In function 'calc_subnet_opt':
> edns0.c:307: warning: 'addrp' may be used uninitialized in this function
> dnssec.c: In function 'prove_non_existence':
> dnssec.c:1670: warning: 'hash' may be used uninitialized in this function
> dnssec.c:1670: note: 'hash' was declared here

and this on 10.1 (using clang):

> rfc2131.c:829:25: warning: data argument not used by format string [-Wformat-extra-args]
>                    service->basename, layer);
>                                       ^

I will mail the full build logs off-liste.

Let me know if you need more details for debugging.  I am compiling
without DBUS and Lua, but with IPv6, NLS (full internationalization) and
DNSSEC, and this is a sample compiler command line makes from its
defaults and my overrides:

> cc -O2 -pipe -march=athlon64 -Wall -Wno-unused-value -Wno-unused-parameter -DHAVE_DNSSEC -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing -O2 -pipe -march=athlon64 -Wall -Wno-unused-value -Wno-unused-parameter -DHAVE_DNSSEC -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing -DLOCALEDIR='"/usr/local/share/locale"' -DVERSION='"2.76"'      -I/usr/local/include   -I/usr/local/include   -I/usr/local/include -c dhcp-common.c

I have committed v2.76 to the FreeBSD ports trunk.

Best regards,
Matthias