[Dnsmasq-discuss] DHCP-HOST authentication problems after lease expires

naesk naesyllek at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 11:30:06 BST 2016

Hi

I have DNSMasq running on RaspberryPi ArchLinux

Using the below configuration on initial start everything works as
expected. However once the 12 hours of lease has expired both my
mobile & tablet devices also expire too despite both having infinite
leases.

When I restart dsnmasq using systemd both the mobile & tablet devices
encounter authentication problems when re-obtainting their lease. In
order to temporarily resolve this I've had to put their IPs in the
same dhcp-range rather than outside.

/etc/dnsmasq.conf
no-resolv
interface=wlan0

dhcp-range=192.168.2.200,192.168.2.210,12h

dhcp-host=MYMACADDR,192.168.2.100,mobile,infinite
dhcp-host=MYMACADDR,192.168.2.101,tablet,infinite

server=208.67.222.222
server=208.67.220.220

log-queries
log-dhcp