[Dnsmasq-discuss] Log to database

Joachim Zobel jz-2014 at heute-morgen.de
Mon Jun 13 19:37:17 BST 2016

On 13.06.2016 18:04, Eric Hiller wrote:

> "This paper describes an approach with rsyslogd, an alternative
> enhanced syslog daemon natively supporting MySQL and PostgreSQL. "
>
> http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/v8-stable/tutorials/database.html

Hi.

Unfortunately this does not fit my needs. Since my main target platform
are routers I am looking for a zero dependency solution. An alternative
syslogd is not an option.

I think it should be possible to log to a named pipe and to have a
script that is parsing everything from the pipe into db inserts. If
nobody has done that yet I'll have to try it myself.

Thanks,
Joachim