[Dnsmasq-discuss] Sending a fake reply to client by dnsmasq

ravin goyal ravirocks1021 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 12:00:41 BST 2016

Hi, I am working on dnsmasq-2.75 and i want to send a fake reply to client
when it reqest dnsmasq for answers such that dnsmasq rather than sending
the packet contaning the reply it sends the fake reply

I tried changing daemon->packet memory location to some random valid memory
location in reply_query function of forward.c file since char *packet of
daemon struct contains the reply that dnsmasq will forward to client right??

But afterwards dnsmasq fails to resppond to any query sent by client?
First i tried setting the daemon->packet to NULL then sendmsg failed by
giving error
"Bad address";

Is there way that i can proceed with this? OR I am doing something wrong
here

Regards
Ravin