[Dnsmasq-discuss] serial number not changed on kill -HUP

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Fri Aug 5 16:58:14 BST 2016

Definitely a bug, not something you're doing wrong. We bump the serial
when the zone changes because if new/changed DHCP leases, but forgot
to do it on reload of hosts files.

http://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=commitdiff;h=c8328ecde8
96575b3cb81cf537747df531f90771

is the fix. The patch should apply cleanly to 2.76 sources, if you
want to take that route.