[Dnsmasq-discuss] Dnsmasq doesn't reply to queries made over (link-local) IPv6

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Mon Sep 5 22:53:05 BST 2016

Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> writes:

> Duplicate MAC addresses, leading to duplicated link-local addresses?

Yeah, there seems to be plenty of those. But changing the MAC address of
the affected interface (i.e. eth1.1) doesn't help. And the box that
works has even more duplicate addresses.

Guess I'll try to cook up a small test program and see if I can
reproduce the effect outside of dnsmasq. When I get some more time to
burn on this, that is.

In the meantime, I guess I'll just disable DHCPv6 on the affected hosts...

-Toke