[Dnsmasq-discuss] Help: Changes when service dnsmasq start is executed

Rahul Jain rahul2308 at outlook.com
Mon Nov 21 13:43:24 GMT 2016

Hi all,

    I want to know about all the changes(internally as in files etc) when "service dnsmasq start" is executed. I noticed one change that it edits the /etc/resolv.conf. The reason is when I set the add-mac option in /etc/dnsmasq.conf and start the dnsmasq service, I'm able to get the EDNS0 option in a dns query but when I compiled from the source and ran it, the same thing doesn't happen.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul Jain