[Dnsmasq-discuss] What's the easiest way to add some names to default dnsmasq in debian/ubuntu?

Petr Mensik pemensik at redhat.com
Mon Mar 6 09:49:13 GMT 2017

Hi Chris,

I think you create some file, for exaqmple /etc/NetworkManager/dnsmasq.d/hosts.conf, containing addn-hosts=/etc/hosts.dnsmasq.
Then you would have to create hosts.dnsmasq with hosts(5) format. Place odin there.

1.2.3.4   odin

You could use some hook to NetworkManager to use create special file only for selected network. But I never did something like that, I cannot help you with that.

But I think you should try to ask LAN administrator to configure DNS and DHCP so that you do not have to invent something yourself.
Maybe there is a name already that you do not know about.

Cheers,
Petr
--
Petr Menšík