[Dnsmasq-discuss] ipv6 question

Jason Welsh ncdirtbag at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 14:11:45 GMT 2018

hey folks, I have ipv6 running on my raspberry pi at home. It has 2 interfaces, one inside and one outside.
The outside interface gets an ipv6 addr from my isp via dhcp. I have dnsmasq running on my pi giving out ipv4
addresses on the inside interface. I also now want to give out ipv6 addressses as well, but I want the
ipv6 addresses given out on the "inside" to be accessible from outside on the internet.. i.e. publicly
routable addresses.. Im being told this can easily be done with ipv6, and Ive done some reasearch and
configuration, but I cant seem to get it to work.. In my dnsmasq config, I have

bogus-priv
enable-ra
# Construct a valid IPv6 range from reading the address set on the interface.
# The ::1 part refers to the ifid in dhcp6c.conf. Make sure you get this right or dnsmasq will get confused.
dhcp-range=tag:eth0,::1d17,constructor:eth0, ra-names, 12h

eth0 is my "inside" interface.
the :1d17/128 is the tail end of the address that I got from my isp.
Am I on the right track?

regards,
db