[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq config: avoid using this network for gateway and DNS

Libor Peltan lpeltan at insys-tec.de
Mon Mar 5 16:31:51 GMT 2018

Kindly BUMP?

Von: Dnsmasq-discuss [mailto:dnsmasq-discuss-bounces at lists.thekelleys.org.uk] Im Auftrag von Libor Peltan
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2018 17:04
An: 'dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk' <dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk>
Betreff: [Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq config: avoid using this network for gateway and DNS

Dieser Absender hat unsere Tests zur Betrugserkennung nicht bestanden und ist möglicherweise nicht der, der er zu sein scheint. Weitere Informationen über Spoofing<http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSpoofing>

Feedback<http://aka.ms/SafetyTipsFeedback>

Good morning,

i would like to ask how to configure dnsmasq (DHCP options) to tell the client not to use this network for accessing Internet.

My server is listening on bluetooth interface; mobile phone connects to the server and establishes networking over bluetooth. Server is serving DHCP to assign the mobile phone address for communicating with the server. This networking-over-bluetooth connection shall be only used for communication between those two. The server is offline anyway.

My problem is, that once the mobile phone connects to my server, it sometimes attempts to use the bluetooth connection to access Internet, instead of using mobile networks (4G). Often web browsers fail to show webpages (DNS probe no internet).

I tried to fix this issue with following parameters to dnsmasq:

--dhcp-option=3 --dhcp-option=6 --dhcp-option=33,<serverIP>,<serverIP> --dhcp-option-force=121, <serverIP>/24, <serverIP>

However it does not really help.

The problem is complicated, because it must work for "all" types of mobile phones (Android and iPhone) and they are difficult to debug.

Thanks much for any advices!

Libor