[Dnsmasq-discuss] ubus and metrics

Simon Kelley simon at thekelleys.org.uk
Tue Apr 24 00:07:09 BST 2018

On 23/04/18 23:52, Julian Kornberger wrote:
> Thanks for your comments.
>
> I have added a `--enable-dbus` flag. It compiles but is not tested yet.

Thanks.

> Where does the DBUS raise a fatal error if support is missing? I
> couldn't find anything in the code.

src/dnsmasq.c:

  if (option_bool(OPT_DBUS))
#ifdef HAVE_DBUS
    {
      char *err;
      daemon->dbus = NULL;
      daemon->watches = NULL;
      if ((err = dbus_init()))
        die(_("DBus error: %s"), err, EC_MISC);
    }
#else
  die(_("DBus not available: set HAVE_DBUS in src/config.h"), NULL,
EC_BADCONF);
#endif

> General questions:
> - Is there any reason to not use the `enum` for definition lists like
> `LOPT_*`?
No strong ones, just habit I guess.

> - Is it planed to make the indentation consistent? Like only tabs or
> only spaces.

I edit using emacs, and never see a problem. A massive edit would
generate a huge number of spurious changes in the git repository. I use
"git blame" quite often and don't want to find that it tells me half the
lines were last changed in the great re-tab.

Is there any advantage to doing it?

cheers,

Simon.