[Dnsmasq-discuss] Zone transfer fails without any error

Wojtek Swiatek w at swtk.info
Fri Aug 3 15:29:10 BST 2018

Le ven. 3 août 2018 à 16:24, Simon Kelley <simon at thekelleys.org.uk> a
écrit :

> After you've made changes to /etc/hosts, you need to send SIGHUP to the
> dnsmasq process to get it to re-read the file. That  should also
> increment the serial. Changes to DHCP allocated addresses should also
> increment the serial.

Thank you. I restart the dnsmasq via

systemctl restart dnsmasq

which reads the configuration and /etc/hosts (I see in the logs that it has
taken into account the new entries in /etc/hosts and I can resolve them).

The serial is still 1, though:

root at srv ~# dig @127.0.0.1 swtk.info soa | grep SOA
swtk.info.              600     IN      SOA     . . 1 1200 180 1209600 600

Cheers
Wojtek