[Dnsmasq-discuss] subdomains and dhcp

Christoph Gaitzsch christoph.gaitzsch at icada.com
Wed Aug 8 15:23:30 BST 2018

Hi,

I want to accomplish the following:

My domain set in dnsmasq.conf is "domain.net". I have "normal" hosts e. g.

host.domain.net

and I have hosts like this:

site.test.domain.net
site.stag.domain.net
site.prod.domain.net

I have configured one host to send the FQDN via dhclient. dnsmasq errors
with:

Ignoring domain test.domain.net for DHCP host name site

I want that these 3 hosts to get an IP via DHCP and being accessible via "
site.test.domain.net" and "site.test".

Can someone 1) tell me if this is possible with dnsmasq and 2) point me
into the right direction how to configure this.

Best regards, Christoph Gaitzsch

iCADA GmbH, Bahnhofstr. 63, 67059 Ludwigshafen, Germany.
Ludwigshafen HRB 4748, Geschäftsführer: Tobias Ferber, R. Federici