[Dnsmasq-discuss] sending option 60 information to client

Jim Vance flhxs14 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 20:45:00 BST 2018

I've been testing efi http boot with dnsmasq.  I've had it working for some
time with dhcpd. Initially I thought the following would work, but the
client was not receiving the proper response.

dhcp-vendorclass=set:efi-http,HTTPClient:Arch:00016
dhcp-boot=tag:efi-http,"http://172.16.3.1/boot/grub2/grub.efi"

After watching packet traces from dnsmasq and dhcpd, the only difference I
could see is that dnsmasq was not sending option 60 information back to the
client.  I was able to make it work with the following settings

dhcp-vendorclass=set:efi-http,HTTPClient:Arch:00016
dhcp-option-force=tag:efi-http,60,HTTPClient
dhcp-boot=tag:efi-http,"http://172.16.3.1/boot/grub2/grub.efi"

Just curious if I have missed something or is there a proper way to send
option 60 information back to the client without forcing it?

Thanks
--jv