[Dnsmasq-discuss] Multiple instances of dnsmasq on Debian with systemd

M. Buecher maddes+dnsmasq at maddes.net
Sat Dec 1 22:24:00 GMT 2018

On 2018-12-01 16:19, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 01, 2018 at 01:20:58PM +0100, M. Buecher wrote:
>
>> [Unit]
>> Description=dnsmasq (%i) - A lightweight DHCP and caching DNS server
>> Requires=network.target
>> Wants=nss-lookup.target
>> Before=nss-lookup.target
>
> The "Wants" and the "Before" have the same targets.
> That feels odd to me.

Wants= is a weaker version of Requires=, which tries to start those
additional services but a failure of them doesn't stop the dnsmasq
service from starting.

Before= just manages the start order of the services.

My changes only added support for instances and didn't change the
dependencies.

Thanks for checking
Maddes