[Dnsmasq-discuss] Issues with CentOS 7 dnsmasq, stops resolving queries.

eliezer at ngtech.co.il eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Jan 16 21:26:11 GMT 2019

Hey,

I have couple CentOS 7 hypervisors and VM's.
On the hypervisors I do not have any issue with dnsmasq as DHCP server but I
have not tried using it as a DNS.
On once machine I have the latest CentOS 7 dnsmasq version (2.7x) and for
some reason while
it run's queries against a local unbound server, it seems that it returns
empty responses.
When I am querying  the same unbound service from the same machine using
tools like dig or host they answer fine.
When I am querying the local dnsmasq it returns an empty response.
How should I verify what might cause this issue?

Thanks,
Eliezer

----
Linux System Administrator