[Dnsmasq-discuss] misunderstanding negative caching

Alex Litvak alexander.v.litvak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 22:25:12 BST 2019

Thank you for your reply Simon.  If DNS service is down and dnsmasq receive immediate icmp reject will this be  a) cached, b) handled as immediate error with next name server tried immediately, or c)
just a timeout within system defined time out?

We are looking to avoid a delay with failing / overloaded DNS servers, whence asking all those weird questions.

Thanks again,