[Dnsmasq-discuss] Cannot send dhcp option 12 hostname to clients

Kevin Flynn kevflynn69 at gmail.com
Wed May 15 20:44:33 BST 2019

| On 5/15/19 3:34 PM, Daryl Richards wrote:
|
| What I do in provisioning phones, is set the hostname of the device in the config file sent| ...
| Then, the phone will send that hostname in it's DHCP request, which then you can use for DNS lookups.

That certainly seems like another valid method to skin this cat, and it sounds like you've done this
to know that it works. While I was hoping to avoid that sort of setup for a small home network, I'll
certainly give it a try. I do have a copy of the Spiura provisioning guide that I downloaded from
http://www.mik.ua/products/spa941/spa_provisioning_guide.pdf when I stumbled across it, and I'm sure
I can locate one for my grandstream device as well.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Kevin Flynn