[Dnsmasq-discuss] FW: Too many DISCOVER packets than actual clients

P, Sreelakshmi sreelakshmi.p at hpe.com
Thu May 16 11:19:50 BST 2019

Hi,

I have IXIA port connected to an interface on which dnsmasq is running. I'm simulating 8k DHCP clients from IXIA and see that there are more than 12k DISCOVER packets sent from IXIA, but the ones logged in dnsmasq log is exactly 8k. Why is this difference and what dnsmasq is doing with remaining packets.

There are more than 2 DISCOVER packets from every client. When this happens? Both DISCOVER packets are reaching an interface on which dnsmasq is running.

Could anyone explain me how this works and who is the culprit here. Please find below the snippet from IXIA.

[cid:image001.png at 01D50BFE.DB88EC00]

Regards,
Sree