[Dnsmasq-discuss] Lease comes back after removing

Nicolas Cavallari Nicolas.Cavallari at green-communications.fr
Mon Jul 1 09:41:16 BST 2019

On 26/06/2019 22:32, Geert Stappers wrote:

> My (educated??) guess is that lease data is stored in Dbus.
>
> My only point to back that up, is `dnsmasq -v` showing  "DBus"

D-Bus does not store data, it's merely an old-style RPC.

dnsmasq does not send any D-Bus message when giving out leases, it merely
provides an API to add/remove them while it is running.

Without any lease file or lease script, dnsmasq has no way to have a memory of
the lease.

maybe it's just the client sending a DHCPREQUEST directly with the old lease,
and dnsmasq being to eager to give it out ?