[Dnsmasq-discuss] Local dnsmasq server not utilized by Ubuntu

dnsmasqyq.xpt at neverbox.com dnsmasqyq.xpt at neverbox.com
Sun Aug 4 14:57:19 BST 2019

Hi,

I know this is not a dnsmasq issue per se, but all my machines are
Ubuntu based and they all can't utilized the local dnsmasq server that
I setup for my LAN, which literally making my local dnsmasq server
useless.

The problem is that the NetworkManager that Ubuntu uses insists to use
its own DNS server, which is 127.0.0.53, not the DHCP/DNS server I
setup for my LAN.

I'm wondering how you guys solved such problems, since you are using
dnsmasq server just fine. I had been asking such questions at the
Ubuntu and NetworkManager side multiple times at multiple places, but
have never been able to get a straight/working answer.

Please advise.

Thank you