[Dnsmasq-discuss] Web interface for DNSmasq

Robert Shelton (NexusNet) robert.shelton at nexusnet.us
Thu Aug 8 20:23:15 BST 2019

Thanks for the links. I am looking at dnsmasq-gui as a possibility, as
the other one is specific to back/white listing URLs to control web
access. My primary interest is managing the list of DHCP reservations.
Will test this out after I finish reading the php.

Yes Bind is an option, but I've used dnsmasq successfully for years now
and it has served my network well. OpenWRT GUI is an interesting
approach. I'm just looking for an efficient web alternative to short-cut
the ssh / sudo / nano steps. Sure, manual works, but everything else on
my SDN is managed by GUI. Unfortunately the SDN vendor's software, while
offering dnsmasq as a dns/dhcp option, provides no supporting GUI
either. Also doesn't provide for redundant dns servers. So I've been
running dnsmasq in a VM, and am planning to sort out fail-over in the
good old fashioned way! :)

I saw a reference (have not re-found it yet) that someone had repackaged
the webmin dnsmasq module as a tar. At this juncture I appear to be
successful getting webmin module installer to download the module from
github but the installer throws an error that it's not a valid tar. I'll
investigate later to see if the solution is as simple as tar'ing the
file myself. If anyone has see a post about this or has experienced this
error, any input is helpful. I'll post what I find later.

Tx,

Robert