[Dnsmasq-discuss] Rasperry Pi's DHCPv6 IP is not added to DNS and dnsmasq.leases file

Tim Schumacher tim at timakro.de
Wed Sep 25 12:35:15 BST 2019

Hi,

I've got issues with my Raspberry Pi 1 with a fresh Raspbian
installation as a DHCP client. Note that dnsmasq is running on another
Raspberry Pi 4 acting as a router. All the other devices I tested get
both an IPv4 and an IPv6 address via DHCP and DHCPv6 and those addresses
are resolved via DNS and added to the /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases file.
Even though my Raspberry Pi is assigned an IPv6 address via DHCPv6 (it's
in the specified range and the DHCPREPLY line is logged by dnsmasq) only
the IPv4 address of the Pi is resolved via DNS and added to the
dnsmasq.leases file. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim