[Dnsmasq-discuss] Specific /etc/hosts file for specific interface (split-DNS ?)

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 17:21:56 BST 2019

Hello,

I've got a Debian Stretch host for which I need to serve specific replies
depending on the queried interface.

For instance, if a DNS query is received on interface (say eth0.15 for
example), then a specific cache and a specific /etc/hosts-like file be
searched before querying a DNS server over the Internet.

If an other DNS query is received on a different interface (say eth1.30 for
example), then another specific cache may and an other specific
/etc/hosts-like file be searched before querying a DNS server over the
Internet.

If think this feature is called Split-Horizon DNS.
I've read 5 years old discussions to this but I prefer to ask here.

Is possible to implement this with Dnsmasq 2.76 without configuration
multiple Dnsmasq instances ?
If negative, is there a Debian Stretch packaged alternative that also
relies on /etc/hosts files (rather than specific DNS data files) ?

Best regards