[Dnsmasq-discuss] pxe-service line for UEFI system?

Michal Zatloukal myxal.mxl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 23:16:12 GMT 2020

In the meantime, I tried a simpler case [1] of UEFI PXE services
config, which I confirmed to work.

I intended to replace my config with this and work up towards the
fancier tag-operated version, but made a wrong assumption and _added_
the trivial config to existing set of config files (adding .bak to the
filename didn't stop the original from being loaded). Strangely, now
option 43 contained all services for CSA 7 - both conditional, and
unconditional ones, which were previosly missing. This actually
happens even when the new config file is reduced to a single,
unconditional pxe-service line. That's not how this should work, or is
it? Is there a particular order to these pxe-* config options? IMHO
the fact that only the menu items are missing, but prompt is sent,
should indicate that setting tags is correct.

I'll do from-the-ground-up experiment soon, hopefully finding at which
point dnsmasq stops sending the boot options.

Cheers,
MZ

[1]
# Commented out to use my existing config, must be included if using standalone.
#dhcp-range=10.0.0.10,10.0.0.240,2h
#log-dhcp
#tftp-root=/tftpboot
#dhcp-no-override
pxe-prompt="dnsmasq menu"
pxe-service=0, "Boot BIOS PXElinux", bios/pxelinux
pxe-service=0, "Boot BIOS iPXE", ipxe/undionly.kpxe
pxe-service=7, "Boot UEFI CSA 7", efi64/syslinux.efi
pxe-service=7, "Other item CSA 7",etc/other.efi
pxe-service=9, "Boot UEFI CSA 9", efi64/syslinux.efi
pxe-service=9, "Other item CSA 9",etc/other.efi
pxe-service=0, "Exit menu"
pxe-service=7, "Exit menu"
pxe-service=9, "Exit menu"