[Dnsmasq-discuss] IPv6 dhcp-range and static addresses

Kristof Mattei kristofmattei at outlook.com
Tue Jan 21 05:00:52 GMT 2020

I did eventually figure it all out.

dhcp-range=::0,::ffff,constructor:br0,12h

Works on everything

dhcp-range=::1000,::ffff,constructor:br0,12h

Works as well, even if one of the IPs don't fall in the range, as we have the constructor to the prefixes (this was my mistake)

If we don't have the constructor then we need to specify a full IP address, if we don't want this, we can do the constructor argument.

fd00::1/64 on an interface needs

dhcp-range=fd00::1000, fd00::ffff,12h

I also found out that dhcp-allocate ensures that there isn't a dhcp-host sitting on that IP address.

Thank you!

-Kristof

--

Kristof Mattei