[Dnsmasq-discuss] Using all-servers option in config file

Krishna Sridhar krishnasridhar at yahoo.com
Fri May 22 18:55:06 BST 2020

Hi,
We have an instance of dnsmasq configured (using /etc/dnsmasq.conf) on our server along with a few upstream name servers to forward DNS queries to. We noticed that irrespective of whether the option all-servers was mentioned in the conf file or not, the packet capture showed that dnsmasq was forwarding the queries to all the name servers simultaneously.
Any advise on what is being missed here is highly appreciated.
Thanks,Krishna