[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq 2.81-3 segmentation fault for no apparent reason

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 15:09:27 BST 2020

Hi Mikko,

first of all, I would ask you to fill a bug to Fedora. I am Fedora
dnsmasq maintainer and never heard about such problem.

Please check, whether coredumpctl has recorded the crash.

$ coredumpctl list dnsmasq

If there are, you can install debug symbols by:
$ dnf debuginfo-install dnsmasq

then run
$ codedumpctl gdb dnsmasq

And please share results. Please also to bug on
https://bugzilla.redhat.com, Fedora project, dnsmasq component.

Alternative path might be installing abrt-tui package, which can
simplify bug report creation for a crash reported by abrt.

Cheers,
Petr