[Dnsmasq-discuss] Make dnsmasq distinguish local IPs

László Károlyi laszlo at karolyi.hu
Mon Jul 20 15:35:08 BST 2020

Hi Petr,

as you have seen in the original email, it is dnsmasq that refuses to
use the lo0 interface to communicate with the IP 127.0.0.20:

Jul 20 13:33:23 ksol dnsmasq[99396]: ignoring nameserver 127.0.0.20 -
local interface

When querying manually from the host env to the jailed unbound, I get
proper DNS responses. This was something I did pay extra attention to
get it working from the get-go. See:

Citing my configs here makes no sense as you can see it's working already.

László Károlyi
http://linkedin.com/in/karolyi