[Dnsmasq-discuss] Tag requests for a DHCP address from devices using a Locally Administered MAC address

Lonnie Abelbeck lists at lonnie.abelbeck.com
Mon Jul 27 21:09:08 BST 2020

> On Jul 27, 2020, at 1:12 PM, dev at lutean.com wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> The following proposed patch includes my attempt at a man page change. It also includes Vladislav Grishenko's suggestion to tag LAA source addresses independently from multicast addresses.
>
> If these changes are acceptable, I propose the following commit message:
>
> DHCP requests from ethernet MAC addresses that have either the Locally Administered Address flag set or the multicast flag set automatically get tagged with "laa" and "multicast" respectively before further processing.
>
> Todd Sankey

Thanks!

Do I understand correctly, in order to ignore "laa-unicast" MACs, a user would define this ?

# Block unicast LAA-presenting devices
dhcp-ignore=tag:laa,tag:!multicast

Lonnie

BTW, here is a good article on this "Random MAC Address" topic:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/random-mac-address-how-to-deal-with-it-using-ise/ta-p/4049321