[Dnsmasq-discuss] dnsmasq keepalive or RasberryPi?

Leesoo Ahn dev at ooseel.net
Wed Aug 19 15:19:47 BST 2020

20. 8. 19. 오후 10:06에 Michael Walter 이(가) 쓴 글:
> Hey there. I am looking for a linux command to auto-restart dnsmasq if it
> ever fails. It seems that my Raspberry Pi version fails from time to time.
> Looked in the archives but was not able to find any documentation on such a
> command. Currently I have to use the

I don't know what kind of distro you are using on raspberry pi, but here
is an example for you,
root user could do this, '/etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart' on openwrt.
So the first step you should do is to figure out how the system boots
and run all necessary programs, then use commands like this, for example

while true; do { pidof dnsmasq || { /etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart; };
sleep 1; } done

Cheers