[Dnsmasq-discuss] options for --all-servers?

Matt Medland mmedland at bluecatnetworks.com
Tue Sep 29 03:27:18 BST 2020

Two questions, if I may,

1) when forwarding to upstream servers, if the first query (to one server) times out, it appears to go to all on the next attempt. Doe the value for this timeout come from /etc/resolv.conf by default?

2) is there any way to specify that only some queries only go to –all-servers, or is this option global? i.e. is there any combination of options that I can use to say a particular query that matches some patter is sent to all, but others just go (initially) to a single upstream server? The docs and man and forum archives seem to indicate it’s completely global, but I figured I’d ask the experts.

thanks!

matt