[Dnsmasq-discuss] [EXTERNAL] Re: UEFI PXE Boot Issue: dhcp-option 60

Swanand Vaidya Swanand.Vaidya at veritas.com
Mon Dec 7 14:20:32 GMT 2020

Hi,

The Dell server was Dell PowerEdge R320 but is not currently available so I can’t provide more details for the same. But I could reproduce the same issue with a UEFI VM running on VMware ESXi 6.5.
I checked that the same issue doesn't happen with similar VM running on ESXi 7.0, so there may be something involved with the firmware.

I had tested with dnsmasq 2.76, 2.82 as well as HEAD of the source tree but had this same issue.
Would your commit http://thekelleys.org.uk/gitweb/?p=dnsmasq.git;a=commit;h=4ded96209e8346711f9d0b9e13a835d42835853d help in this case and how?

Thanks,
-swanand