[Dnsmasq-discuss] Request to have an official Dnsmasq mirror on GitHub

Dan Schaper dan.schaper at pi-hole.net
Thu Jan 21 21:50:04 UTC 2021

Geert,

What the hell are you babbling about?

Best,
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Dnsmasq-discuss <dnsmasq-discuss-bounces at lists.thekelleys.org.uk> On Behalf Of Geert Stappers
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2021 1:24 PM
To: dnsmasq-discuss at lists.thekelleys.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Dnsmasq-discuss] Request to have an official Dnsmasq mirror on GitHub

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 06:14:49PM +0800, Wang Shanker wrote:
> > 2021年01月21日 17:46,- Neustradamus - <neustradamus at hotmail.com> 写道:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I wish you a Happy New Year!
> >
> > To have a perfect development of Dnsmasq,
> > it is possible to create an official mirror on GitHub?

Fairly ignorant the sell a  cold website
to a community that is nicely floating on the waves.

It is not important how vague the definition
of the dnsmasq community is, important is that we have contact.
Contact about what does hold us together:  dnsmasq.

Handing ourselfs over to a website that doesn't give fuck about us,
is like putting your own head on the chopping block.

> > For example, there is a fork here:
> > - https://github.com/guns/dnsmasq
> >
> > A search:
> > - https://github.com/search?o=desc&q=dnsmasq&s=updated&type=Repositories
> >
> > There are several organizations which have done mirror on GitHub:
> > - https://github.com/kde <- https://invent.kde.org/
> > - https://github.com/gnome <- https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME

Seen the "You must come the cold website that I deem cool".
No, I haven't visited the infamous website.
Same as I resist tobacco commurcials.

> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Neustradamus
> >

> It seems that someone has already built one,
> and the owner is willing to give the ownership.
> https://github.com/dnsmasq/dnsmasq

URL not visited, but claiming anyway:
  The "owner" understands that a succesfull project
  is made by people with common interests.

> Cheers,
> Miao Wang

And yes, we, this project, should discuss what we can improve.

I think I haven't told before that there
is https://salsa.debian.org/debian/dnsmasq

Regards
Geert Stappers
--