[Dnsmasq-discuss] v2.84 temporary failure in name resolution when IPV6 is enabled

Amit amit.uttam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 01:57:22 UTC 2021

I have been following discussions in "[Dnsmasq-discuss] v2.83 failed to
send packet: Network is unreachable" and was happy to hear it has been
resolved in dnsmasq v2.84-1 in debian testing.

However, this still seems to affect me and I get the error:

$  ping www.google.com
ping: www.google.com: Temporary failure in name resolution

Which was the same error I saw in 2.83.

In other notes, I am able to get it to work if I disable ipv6. I have
confirmed several users in our local environment see this issue as well
with the same setup. Let me know if there is anything else you need.