[Dnsmasq-discuss] yaml config file

Marcos Dione mdione at grulic.org.ar
Sun Mar 7 14:14:31 UTC 2021

    The config file can be quite complex, with lots of option formats
(simple scalar vs CSV vs custom). I wonder if it's not proper time to
take a standard format off the shelf and use that.

    I personally would prefer yaml or toml, hopefully not json. I could
also volunteer to conver the whole example config file to the right
format. I don't think I have the a) time or b) knowledge (which can be
fixed with time; see a) to provide any patchs, sorry.

    Example in yaml:

--- 8< ---
domain-needed: true
dnssec: true

address:  # or adderss-map, I think some option names could be inproved
  example.com: 1.2.3.4  # I wonder why the custom format /example.com/1.2.3.4

interfaces:
  - eth0
  - eth1
# or interfaces: [ eth0, eth1 ]

# dhcp-option=vendor:MSFT,2,1i
dhcp:
  range:
    network: 10.20.30.0
    type: static

  - name: MSFT  # automatically assumes vendor:
    value: 2
    params: 1i  # this could definitely be expanded to something more explicit
                # but I'm not even sure what it means

  hosts:
  - name: foo
    mac: aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
    ip: 10.20.30.1

    Comments?

--
(Not so) Random fortune:
The technology industry sees itself as in rebellion against corporate