[Dnsmasq-discuss] issues resolving a DNSSEC domain with dnsmasq 2.76 [2.80 as well]

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Tue Mar 23 16:04:53 UTC 2021

On 3/20/21 4:49 PM, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Am 20.03.21 um 16:02 schrieb Jelle de Jong via Dnsmasq-discuss:
>> Thank you all for the replies,
>>
>> I did some more testing on an up-to-date Debian 10 Buster system with
>> all the security updates installed and it has the same time out problem.
>>
>> If version 2.80 is to old would it be possible to ask the Debian
>> maintainer to push an update or even a security update as it is DNSSEC.
>
> Debian have policies under what circumstances updates can happen to
> stable releases,
> and about asking its maintainer, I suggest you read
> <https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/dnsmasq> and ponder for a moment if you
> got the grammar right ;-)

Thank you Simon, Petr and Matthias for all the hard work, dnsmasq is
working great most of the times! I understand the intrinsic difficulties
with the release cycles. We all want stable release and functionality
not to break and at the same time have the latest fixes/features, witch
is an almost impossible tasks. So thank you again!

I disabled the dnssec feature on our installations until 2.85 arrives in
Debian stable and/or CentOS/EPEL.

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong